As a publicist, I’m interested in the audiences you want to attract. The congregation or team you want to nurture, retain and build. The experiences you want to create through your messages or events. My favorite services include:
- Editing e-books. (We can also hunt for book ideas in content you’ve written. Often the “seeds” for your next speech, book or other projects already exist, waiting to be repurposed.)
- Facilitating meetings with leadership or other stakeholders. (Gather data to shape the communication strategy for your congregation or develop a social media “code of conduct” for employees.)
- Researching your “user experience.” (What’s it like to visit your congregation? What are audience members saying or doing while you’re speaking?)
- Outlining scripts for videos or podcasts.
- Training. (I teach individuals or organizational leadership how to respond to media inquiries, cultivate grassroots campaigns and more.)
- Pitching your news to traditional and new media.
- Authoring fictional case studies. (Showcase your teaching, counseling or coaching methodology without using confidential information.)
- Writing message points for media calls or website content such as CTAs and landing pages.
- Helping speakers expand their reach. (Websites and books, whether printed or downloadable, are like employees working to spread your message 24/7. Grow your audience and your authority while you sleep.)
- Discussing brand strategy. (“Is [new content, a website, another social media property] really the solution here? What if we…?”)
- Brainstorming with DIY-ers who enjoy creating their own content. (Want to handle your own PR? I love asking questions to uncover your voice and vision, then discussing advertising tactics and media strategies.)
- Building brochures, author “swag” and other marketing collateral.
- Developmental editing or copyediting. (Declutter your communication.)
Prior to hiring Candace to edit a magazine-style brochure, we struggled with how much content was right and whether that content was powerful enough to achieve our desired results. Candace used her research, our comments and feedback from our clients to shape our draft into a short brochure that gets to the heart of ‘WHY,’ for our business and for our clients. Candace gave them the license to dream!
Ben Harper, financial coach, McBryar Advisory Services
Please note: I do not offer social media management such as opening or monitoring your accounts, posting to them on your behalf, etc. I’m delighted to recommend colleagues who do.